25.6.12

Out of the mouths of babes...


A wonderful conversation between Lewis Eady Music School teacher Dom Blaazer and one of his 6 year old students...

Mister Blaazer, do you play with Don McGlashan?
Yes Max.
I like Miracle Sun. Are you on that?
Er, no Max but I've played it with him a lot.
(Dom plays intro)
How about Anchor Me?
No Max, I'm not on that one either. But I've played it with him a lot.

(Dom plays verse)
Mister Blaazer, which ones are you on?
Have you heard of Marvellous Year?
Um. No... but Anchor Me made him get famous, didn't it?
Yes Max, it sort-of did.
Oh yeah, I really like How You Doing, that's funny. Toy Factory Fire gives me nightmares though.

Dominic Blaazer teaches guitar, ukulele and keyboards for Lewis Eady Music School at St Leo's Devonport, Takapuna Primary, St Michaels Remuera and Ponsonby Primary Schools.  He currently plays for Don McGlashan, The Reputations Soul Revue and The Trains.


No comments:

Post a Comment